Sunday, December 29, 2013
WHAT IS A RELAXING ROBIN??????? it is a term I made up for a round robin type quilt that you don't send to anyone. YOU do all the parts........
but the rules are simple.........and relaxed..........no pressure...........just fun
best case scenario: you get a quilt for YOU and have fun and use up some UFOs
worst case scenario: you learn new task, you have a quilt to donate, and you still get to use up UFOs
what do you say? Are you in?
One of the dresdan plates above is what I am going to start with for mine..........
here are the "rules" of how we will proceed......
1. choose a block from your UFO pile to work with. If you wanted to, you could make the center larger by sewing some together, two, three, four etc. have fun! if you sewed 3 for example runner style then you could make the finished quilt rectangular instead of square.
2. add a small border simple. could be a plain border, pieced, appliqued etc but make it small. try and use a color not used in your block for added fun later on
3. Add applique. could be to the small border, could be to the inner block, or could be an applique border itself. again, try out options and have fun
4. add some triangles. this could be flying geese, pinwheels, etc. again, have fun with this. there are many blocks and ideas with triangles.
5. using some of the fabric in the first border make another border of your choice
6. make a border that has squares in it; 4 patch, checkerboards etc would be welcome here. again have fun
7. finish as you wish. this can mean another border or if you think you are done, quilt and bind up the baby.
see? simple. and you know what? if you don't want to do triangle border as step 4 switch it with another round. we don't care.
so what do you say? DO you want to play in 2014??????
Join me and if you do leave me a comment with your blog address. I will try and add a link to everyone's blog on my blog so we can see everyone's progress.
hmmm.... do I use one dresdan or more? what do you think I should do? hmmmm......