Friday, March 14, 2014

anyone familiar with this technique?

this quilt was on the web somewhere and was listed as a denim project. the back looks like you sew the denim squares like normal
but I think on the BACK you put a smaller swatch of fabric and fold over the denim seam allowance?
does that make sense?
reminds me of a kind of cathedral window

and looks like no batting etc. just sew and fold and sew?
has anyone ever seen this before?
looks interesting as a scrap project


  1. I haven't done this, very pretty! Instant sashings, or framing as it appears. :)

  2. I've never seen this type before; but loving the idea to use denim (from old ones, maybe??--use it up!) Stay warm in this frigid weather!! TGIF, gal, huh?? more on a note...hugs, Julierose

  3. I'm not familiar with it, except that it looks like the quilt as you go technique I've been seeing around. Not much help. :)

  4. I haven't seen that technique before either. I wonder how it's done. It would be a great way to bust the stash and make a warm quilt.