this is the start of the relaxing robin for Lynne at
she couldnt participate the last round but wants to finish this up
does anyone want to join us this time or start another?
(listen to me.......I have not finished the other one LOL)
BUT I can do another and see how different I can make them from the same starting point.
so what do you say?
below are the rules
they are "relaxed"
meaning no quilt police will come if you save the applique till the end etc.
choose a block
I am choosing another dresdan
but it will be after the yard sale and after some jelly making
see ya in the sewing room!
here are the "rules" of how we will proceed......
1. choose a block from your UFO pile to work with. If you wanted to, you could make the center larger by sewing some together, two, three, four etc. have fun! if you sewed 3 for example runner style then you could make the finished quilt rectangular instead of square.
2. add a small border simple. could be a plain border, pieced, appliqued etc but make it small. try and use a color not used in your block for added fun later on
3. Add applique. could be to the small border, could be to the inner block, or could be an applique border itself. again, try out options and have fun
4. add some triangles. this could be flying geese, pinwheels, etc. again, have fun with this. there are many blocks and ideas with triangles.
5. using some of the fabric in the first border make another border of your choice
6. make a border that has squares in it; 4 patch, checkerboards etc would be welcome here. again have fun
7. finish as you wish. this can mean another border or if you think you are done, quilt and bind up the baby.
see? simple. and you know what? if you don't want to do triangle border as step 4 switch it with another round. we don't care.